Have you applied for or are already receiving Social Security Disability benefits and are wondering if you can go back to work part-time or full-time? Do you receive benefits and wonder if working will affect you eligibility? Are you wondering if self-employment might be an option while on disability? If you answered yes to any of these questions then this course is for you. In this course we cover:
- Social Security Work Incentives
- Advantages and disadvantages of different employment options – wage employment versus self-employment
- Employment resources for disabled workers
- How to decide which type of work is best for you
- Myths that prevent people from considering employment as an option
This course is for beneficiaries of disability benefits, parents, guardians, case managers, care coordinators, direct support providers, teachers, agencies and anyone else interested in disability employment. Employers may also find this to be a helpful overview of issues and concerns for employees who receive disability benefits.